As I am sure you are aware the situation regarding the Coronavirus is rapidly evolving. The government have issued new guidelines and in addition all golf clubs have received advice from the GUI/ILGU. This advice can be seen here:
Based on information received please note the following actions we are taking.
· All staff have been instructed on hygiene protocols.
· All surfaces, door handles etc, are being regularly sanitised.
· The automatic locking system on the main door and doors leading to the locker rooms have been disabled. It is no longer necessary to use the keypad when entering or press the green button when exiting.
· Hand sanitisers are in place throughout the clubhouse as previously advised.
· The tables have been spaced in the members’ bar and main lounge to allow for social distancing.
Golf’s governing bodies have advised that golf can continue to be played. However shotgun starts are not advised and we will not be running any events of that nature until that advice changes. Guidelines have also been issued for interclub competitions, and as a consequence we will not be participating in any inter club matches up to and including March 29th. Members will be notified of any further advice the club receives.
Due to the group nature of junior competitions for boys on Saturdays and girls on Sundays, and the difficulties that imposes on maintaining social distancing, we will not be running any junior competitions until further notice. The Ladies initiative on a Tuesday morning is also suspended until further notice.
We request that you keep up to date on the advice provided by the HSE on their website at https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/coronavirus.html. Your particular attention is drawn to the advice for people travelling home from heavily infected areas and, specifically, as we all have a responsibility to our more vulnerable members and our main priority is to keep all members and staff well, we are respectfully asking members to remain away from the Club for fourteen days if they have;
1. Returned from any of the following destinations in the last 14 days;
China – Hong Kong – Singapore – South Korea – Iran – Japan or the following regions in Italy: Lombardy, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna or Piedmont and the following regions in Spain; Madrid, Vitoria and Labastida in the Basque Country, Catalonia and the Rioja region.
2. Been in close contact with a confirmed case of the coronavirus in the last 14 days.
3. Been experiencing Flu like symptoms and have not been assessed by the HSE.
Please continue to follow the advice issued by the HSE regarding what to do if you feel ill, hand-washing, using the hand sanitisers provided, and refraining from contact such as shaking hands and embracing associated with the etiquette of the game of golf.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will advise should any additional action be required.